Sunday 25 December 2011

Seasons Greetings

As seems to be a tradition among most of the wargames blogs I follow, may I take this opportunity to wish all my readers, both regular and occasional, a merry and peaceful Christmas, and a happy, prosperous and gaming-filled 2012.

So far the Christmas break, apart from Midnight Mass at church (for which I was doing sound) appears to have involved a lot of experimenting with a model trebuchet (not quite the one linked) for James' history homework. He and the rest of us have learned a lot about the physics of how the thing works, and we did manage to get it tuned to fire a good 20' across the length of the living room - you'd be amazed how much extra range fine-tuning the sling fixing and release point gets you! Her Majesty and he are currently busy in the dining room, working on a post-Xmas dinner assembly of one of the Usborne card castle kits. I have a copy of Paddy Griffiths' "Sprawling Wargames" for after-lunch reading, and then we're aiming for a game of either Shadows Over Camelot or Catan Histories: Struggle for Rome.

My belated Christmas presents to the lot of you will be the last two or three parts of the Horse Of A Different Colour series of posts - part 4's research notes ('paint' or multicoloured horses) are tabbed in the browser as I type, and my plan (and I have witnesses here to nag me into it) is to get them done by the end of 2012.

As for a New Year's present... you'll just have to wait and see. I intend to get busy with my partner in crime on this one Real Soon Now, and we may be looking for beta testers. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...