Saturday 27 July 2013

"Carve Out A Kingdom" - recommended reading

For those interested in joining us for our Normans In Italy WAB campaign day in November, here's some light reading.

Grahame from our club happened on these in The Works for a fiver - they're of the historical fiction-based-on-fact genre, and are Jack Ludlow's Conquest trilogy. I'm about halfway through book one as part of my holiday reading (before I start my way through the Kindle books), and they're actually pretty good.

Enjoy :D

[PS: please excuse typos for a few - on wife's MacBook Air, and it's taking a while to get used to where the keys are!]

5 comments:

  1. Agree, they are a good read. But the typo throughout book one is annoying - convoy!

    For the more serious reader I suggest John Julius Norwich - The Normans in the South which covers the conquest of Sicily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm due to start a Norman army in 6mm soon to take on Russ' Saxons. This gives me extra impetus to think about different enemies for them to fight. Who do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation. I also recommend The Normans in the South - good read, plenty of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More books to put on my want list.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...